Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pinterest idea comes to life!

So I am totally addicted to Pinterest, (if you don't have an account please comment so I can send you an invite). I can and do sit on there for hours looking for crafty things to make, I also find great ideas for my house which I obviously save on my pinboard for when I'm rich:) ha! I've been seeing a lot of christmas crafts on there lately which is great because it's christmastime and I planned on doing tons of crafts, which it was I did yesterday...all day! This is just one of the many......
I found this frame when my husband and I were cleaning out our garage the other day (not fun), but the frame is perfect! If you have an old frame laying around I suggest to use that so you don't have to buy a new one. First I painted and sanded it to make it look rustic. I chose to paint it white but any christmasy color would be great depending on the look you are going for.
 
Next I chose the ball ornaments I wanted to use. I had these laying around from a pointless Target            
trip....$1.00 for a whole tube of them! I also chose the ribbon I wanted to use and then I secured the ribbon
to the frame and attached the ornaments onto the ribbon by lacing the ribbon through the top and then hot glueing the ribbon to itself to secure the ornaments.

Finally I chose the large wire edged ribbon that looked best with my creation and I made a large bow to put at the top....
This is my husbands favorite craft so far! And I did a lot! It was pictured hanging on the door as a wreath on Pinterest but we already have a super cool light up wreath that Kyle picked out and would never part with so it works just as good hanging in the house.


Happy crafting! I'd love to see your photos if you decide to bring a Pinterest idea to life! -K










2 comments:

  1. Love it! Love it! Love it! So I'm doing it, I'll let you know how it goes :-) Thanks Meist!

    ReplyDelete

Leavin' me some love?! I'll be sure to love on you right back!

About Me

My photo
Wife, wedding crasher, photographer, lover of food, God and laughter, DIYer, wannabe interior designer & dog mom. Life makes me happy and country music is my jam.