Monday, March 12, 2012

"No matter how slow you go, you are stll lapping everybody on the couch."

That's right. Time to get off the couch. Today I started training for the Mud Run I am doing on April 21 {#2 on my 23 before 23}, which means I WILL be running everyday after work. I took my gym bag to work with me, got off at 5, and changed into my running gear. My all time favorite place to run is at Lake Harveston in Temecula {also where I got married!!}. That is where I first started running "for fun" when we moved there in 2010. My immediate goal is to be able to run the 5k {3.1 miles} without stopping passing out. Today I ran 1.45 mi. and also did some push ups, burpees, sit-ups, and weight training, (I looked like a 5 yr old girl trying to push myself up haha!) but hey, you have to start somewhere! Here are a few photos from my GORGEOUS run....




       Took these on my iphone...no big D, they are just awesome.

My goal after the Mud Run will be to do a half marathon this summer in Carlsbad! The words half marathon terrify me, but where there's a will...there's a way! Wish me luck! -K


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leavin' me some love?! I'll be sure to love on you right back!

About Me

My photo
Wife, wedding crasher, photographer, lover of food, God and laughter, DIYer, wannabe interior designer & dog mom. Life makes me happy and country music is my jam.