Friday, December 2, 2011

First attempt at Cake Pops!

When most people go to work they actually have to "work". Well when I got to work the other day my boss and I decided to BAKE! Tammy is in the process of teaching me some of her cooking skills, she's a top chef for sure! First we made banana nut bread and she taught me how to use her Kitchen Aid Mixer (amazing). Then I went home to get my Cake Pop book that my mommy had gotten for me (thanks Mom!) and I attempted to make Cake Pops, soooo much fun...I can see why people are addicted to these things, they are so much fun to make, super cute, and delish to boot!

                                                           
{My new best friend}





First, gather your supplies. You'll need box cake mix, frosting, lolly pop sticks, candy coating, wax paper, styrofoam block (I had to use styrofoam cups, ghetto).
  1. Mix your cake and bake as instructed.
  2. Let cake cool completely.
  3. Crumble up cake with your hands, pick out any large pieces.
  4. Add about half of the frosting and mix, you won't need the remaining frosting.
  5. Roll the cake and frosting mix into balls.
6. Let the balls cool in the fridge for several house, or put in the freezer for 15 minutes. You don't want them frozen, just hard.


7. Dip the stick into the candy coating and then poke them into the balls.
8. Dip the cake pop into the candy coating, add sprinkles if desired.
9. Stick the cake pop into the styrofoam to dry.
{Freaking cute huh?!}
10. Show everyone how talented you are and let them taste one of these delicious creations.
11. Send the rest to work with your husband so you don't eat them all (not me of course). Boom now you're everyone's favorite person!

This was only my first attempt so don't judge too harshly! I think I'm going to make snowman ones next! Yay!! New hobby, dangerous hobby. I don't think my thighs can handle this...I'm going running now. -K



1 comment:

Leavin' me some love?! I'll be sure to love on you right back!

About Me

My photo
Wife, wedding crasher, photographer, lover of food, God and laughter, DIYer, wannabe interior designer & dog mom. Life makes me happy and country music is my jam.