Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Merry Christmas & DIY picture frame gift!

I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas, I know I did! I got to bake until I couldn't bake anymore, spend time with my awesome family and the in-laws, and of course, OPEN PRESENTS! I have to admit that this was the very first year in the history of our relationship that I had NO idea what Kyle was going to get me, and he definitely didn't disappoint!
My new STUDIO SET UP! This just confirms what I knew all along, I have the most amazing husband in the world! (He also surprised me and set this up last night and took the photo himself). Love him!


Now I want to show you a project that I could hardly keep to myself until after Christmas. My best friend, Brittani, is a starving college student but still had to get her aunt a gift for Secret Santa so she crafted this cute little DYI picture frame for her!

 First you're going to get a frame big enough to hold all the photos you want to display, I think Britt just recycled this from an old high school collage.
 Then paint it the color you want, let it dry, then sand it in areas to give it that rustic look. I had some left over paper flowers from my own wedding crafts that I let Brittani have and she hot glued them on the corners, you can add unique little touches like that to fit your style or the style of the one receiving the gift.
 We also used some twine that I had leftover but you can get a spool at any craft store. Hot glue or staple the twine to the back of the frame to create a clothes line affect. Finally, hang the photos using mini clothes pins (which you can also find at a craft store).
Tell me this isn't freaking cute?!?! Britt used photos of her aunt's children and husband, best DIY gift ever! Great job Brittani! xoxo -K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leavin' me some love?! I'll be sure to love on you right back!

About Me

My photo
Wife, wedding crasher, photographer, lover of food, God and laughter, DIYer, wannabe interior designer & dog mom. Life makes me happy and country music is my jam.